Friday, December 2, 2011

OUTSIDE MAGAZINE -THE TOUCHY-FEELY (BUT TOTALLY SCIENTIFIC!) METHODS OF WALLACE J. NICHOLS

Wallace J. Nichols Photographer: Jeff Lipsky

How does a visionary marine biologist convince brain researchers to help him revolutionize ocean conservation? With lots of hugs, a million blue marbles, and one very unorthodox conference.

Since childhood, I have felt the pleasure and exhilaration of spending time on our local Rhode Island beaches. As an adult, I discovered the beauty of Long Island's east end beaches -- and always my visits to the shore were about breathing in that fantastic salty sandy ocean air. It made me feel good. Relaxed and energized all at once. The ocean inspires my work today. In fact I know that I could not possibly live far from a coastline. Ever. Just could not. So, when I read today in Outside Magazine about how this visionary scientist - Wallace J. Nichols - has so eloquently captured that feeling in his research, well, I just had to share his genius. Click here. http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/nature/The-Touchy-Feely-But-Totally-Scientific-Methods-Of-Wallace-J-Nichols.html

No comments:

Post a Comment