Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Design and Obsolesence

So I've been obsessing over the past few months, especially through the holiday season, about how many SALES are going on ALL THE TIME everywhere. Really? Is this entirely necessary? I for one can't follow this lead. I'm too small a company with too much invested in my products. I design with intent - to make my designs last, a long time hopefully. And this morning I found this video. Brilliant, Simple, Done.  Link to Fast Company article by Belinda Lanks on the design genius of Dieter Rams, "exclusive interview, the master discusses his time at Braun, Apple, the importance of entrepreneurs in driving design innovation, and the role of sustainability." 
http://www.fastcodesign.com/1663906/our-interview-with-dieter-rams-the-greatest-designer-alive-video


Against obsolescence from Vitsœ on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment